How To FIX An Unsupported file in Cricut Design Space! - Problem Solved!
Resolve Unsupported File Issues in Cricut Design Space
Are you a passionate crafter who occasionally encounters the dreaded “unsupported file” message in Cricut Design Space? Don’t worry; it’s a common concern, especially for beginners. The good news is that fixing this issue is a breeze. Often, when you download an SVG file from designers like myself or others, it comes in a zipped folder format. This zipping is done to expedite the file’s internet transfer. When a file is zipped, it gets compressed, and once you download the folder and “extract” the file, it returns to its original size.
However, some crafters may not realize that their file is zipped, and they attempt to upload the zipped file directly into Cricut Design Space, triggering the unsupported file error.
To resolve this issue and successfully upload your SVG file, follow these simple steps:
1. Locate Your Downloads: Begin by finding the downloaded zipped folder on your computer. Typically, your browser saves downloaded files in a designated downloads folder.
2. Right-Click and Extract: Right-click on the zipped folder, and from the context menu that appears, select the option to “extract” or “unzip” the folder. This action will unpack the contents of the zipped folder.
3. Locate the SVG File: After extraction, you’ll find the SVG file within the newly created folder. This SVG file is what you need to upload to Cricut Design Space.
4. Upload the Unzipped SVG: Open Cricut Design Space, and within the application, select the option to upload an image. Browse your computer for the unzipped SVG file you just extracted and select it.
5. Confirm and Customize: Confirm the image details and settings in Cricut Design Space to ensure they match your project requirements. You may need to adjust sizing, colors, or other settings as needed.
6. Proceed with Your Project: Once you’ve successfully uploaded the unzipped SVG file and made any necessary adjustments, you’re ready to proceed with your crafting project in Cricut Design Space.
By following these straightforward steps, you’ll no longer be troubled by the unsupported file message in Cricut Design Space. Remember that zipped folders are a common way to distribute files online, and with this knowledge, you’ll be able to smoothly integrate your chosen SVG designs into your crafting projects.